Monday, December 1, 2008

Fresh Snow


December started by me with a fresh 6" of snow overnight. I've been wanting to do some winter landscapes and hope to get out to take pix today. Two weeks ago we had a few inches and I did manage to wander down to a creek by my house to take some photos (above). I hope to put a few of these to canvas by the end of this month.

Yesterday I managed the gallery where I'm at. 1 customer came in during the 4 hours I was there. It was Packer Sunday, and it is downtown Waukesha, WI. I know that galleries are typically slow most days, and the new owner I'm working with needs to optimize his hours open. I did take a canvas with me and had time to work on that piece. In that sense, it was good. I did it right in the front window; both for natural light and to try and get someone to throw some coins at the window. All I managed to do was somehow get 3 big globs of oil paint on the carpet.

No comments: