Sunday, March 18, 2018

Wekiva Paint Out Quick Paint

Continuing my plein air Florida adventures I had found out about this one in an article from Plein Air magazine. My plan was to just do the quick paint. Maybe next year I can investigate getting juried in. The quick paint is part of the last day of events during this paint out, capping the night with the "gala"; music, art and sales opportunities.

Wekiva Island is just outside the state park. I had never been there and it turned out to be one hopping party place. Lots of people much younger than me, families, dogs, and just a fun atmosphere. Oh yeah, there was a lot of art on exhibit and what turned out to be a dozen quick paint artists. While I was fairly happy with my piece (more than two weeks ago at Lighthouse), it didn't grab one of the top three awards. Here are a couple photos I took during the progress.

 The location alongside a creek with sun hitting some top water vegetation

 Block in. Turpy wash with darks

 ID the focal points and wipe out some excess paint

Framed at the car and ready to hand in for judging. Fair amount of palette knife in the highlights

No comments: